Fuel conditioning systems are used to carry out ORVR re-fuelling in vehicles in compliance with legal regulations and to test vehicle fuel tanks.
In addition to the supply tank the main components comprise various gasoline nozzles, active and passive gas vapor recovery, pre-pay function, etc.
Normally vehicles and/or fuel tanks are re-fuelled that are in the SHED chambers. The hydrocarbon concentration, for example, that occurs when fuels evaporate is determined in the SHED chambers. The system has the following functions:
- Circulating, and tempering fuel
- Re-fuelling vehicle
- Pumping fuel out of the vehicle
- Emptying system
The fuel can be cooled and heated. The controller for the fuel is situated directly in front of the petrol-filling pistol (outlet of the fuel line). In front of the discharge nozzle is an additional digital volume flow meter. In addition to the digital volume flow meter, a 4-piston meter is used for measuring the flow. This meter generates output signals for volume flow and volume; this is necessary for performing the ORVR tests.
The system enables
- Fuelling with all common systems
- Fuels temperature conditioning of the test fuels
- Fuelling with defined fill rates and quantities
- explosion resistant switch cabinet
- set value of temperature adjustable (externally) via explosion resistant potentiometer – digital display in the switch cabinet
- observation window, Ø 150, in the switch cabinet
- air-cooled condenser
- mechanical safety devices: valve, flashback arresters
- fully encased, all components on mobile base frame