SHED Emissions Drive In Test Chambers are used to determine the emissions level of fuel vapors and fuel evaporation within a sealed housing for evaporative determination. They measure the hydrocarbon emissions of vehicles, motor bikes and car components in accordance with EPA, CARB, NSCN and EU regulations. In addition to exhaust emissions caused by traffic, hydrocarbon vapors are also emitted when refuelling tank systems and by the vehicle itself.
Vehicle manufacturers must prove that they comply with these regulations to be approved. Low background emissions are an important requirement for conclusive test results. In accordance with the EPA/CARB/EN standards, the limit may not exceed a value of 0.05 g. For our drive-in standard SHED, we guarantee background emissions of better than 0.007 g, measured after 4 hours in accordance with EPA sec. 86.117/96a.
To verify these regulations are met our SHED test chambers are utilized and equipped with the necessary analytic technology and software for implementing tests and documenting results.
- Low background emissions clearly below the statutory specifications
- Delivery of completely assembled systems
- Very short assembly and commissioning times on site
- Variable size of test chamber, tailored to the sample (drive-in, walk-in, mini-SHED, micro-SHED, running loss SHED, drive-in for cars (driving conditions on dynamometer)
- The innovative WEBSeason® user interface allows you to program, control and monitor your tests at any time and anywhere – even from your tablet or smartphone