The newly developed VHM HEPHAISTOS is an internationally patented system and characterized by a high field homogeneity. For the first time, the advantages of microwave technology have been developed successfully to an industrially mature high technology. The high field homogeneity allows for the manufacture of high-quality CFC aircraft structures, for instance.
- Shorter heating, process, and cooling times compared to conventional methods, as a result energy is saved.
- The products are heated in the microwave. The furnace chamber itself is not heated and does not have to be cooled down.
- Use of metal parts, e. g. conventional metal tools and feeding systems, in the microwave field.
- Specific, volumetric heating of products: Microwaves penetrate into the material directly and heat the product. As a result, heating rates and output can be increased considerably.
- High product quality by sufficient homogeneity of the microwave fields: Thanks to the use of thermoelectric foils additional positive effects and material characteristics are achieved.
- The systems designed extend from the laboratory up to the large scale that is needed in aircraft industry along with other fields of study.